Friday, February 5, 2010

Busy busy busy

Alright alright alright. So, that whole internship thing I mentioned before fell through. It was kind of weird because they e-mailed me to tell me the spots have been filled for this summer already, but the deadline isn't for another month. They must go by some kind of jacked up first come first serve hiring process rather than wait to get all the apps then pick from the best ones. :) Oh well right. Maybe I'll just have to vacation in Montana instead.

The fishing front has been pretty bleak as well. Rob and I decided to try our luck off Whidbey Island last Friday. I would post the pictures for you all to see, but we didn't catch anything. Wait...... not true. I caught a Flounder and it was a monster. Took me two hours to land it.....jk. That's a lie. I did catch a Flounder (wasn't fishing for Flounder by the way) trust me when I say flounder are one of the most boring fish in the world to catch. It's comparable to getting snagged on a log.

I also went out this morning to try and get into some Sea Run Cutthroat. I would post those pictures, but I didn't catch any of those either. What the hell is going on 2010?

On a more positive note, Sarah and I decided to venture out into the world and joined a pub crawl with some friends of ours. (It turned out to be 60 people!) It was actually a ton of fun and was by far the most organized drinking I've ever been a part of, complete with T-shirts, competitions and challenges at each bar, and a band who was booked to play at the last bar. The scores from the competition were tallied at the end of the night, and the person with the most points won some sort of prize. You had to be present at midnight to be eligible to claim the prize, which doesn't sound that hard but considering the crawl started at 4:30 PM, it was easier said then done. At midnight there were only a few left standing........we were not among them.








Continuing on the positive note, a good friend of ours, Eric, bought some tickets to go see his favorite band, Gaelic Storm. We went with Eric, Adam, and Katie. I had never heard of them before but they put on a great show. The songs were great, and they were funny as hell. I think they are probably most famous for being the Irish band playing in third class in the movie Titanic, but I won’t hold that against them. Our friend was ecstatic like a little kid (or groupie) when we had an opportunity to take a picture with them and get some stuff signed after the show.




As you can see from photo, Sarah decided to go all groupie on the lead singer as well.....wtf?




The pups say hi everyone, well Lola anyway, Denali is too busy sleeping. See you soon Grandma Katherine!

1 comment:

  1. We just watched Titanic last night. Heather made me watch it, I should say! That is my favorite scene of that movie though. I love that style of music, it makes me feel like drinkin'!

    ReplyDelete