I just finished fall quarter at Seattle University working on my masters degree in sports administration. I think I did pretty good but stay tuned for some grades. I also did pretty well in the summer quarter, so I''m excited about it. I only took one class but I got an A.
Other than that I've been fishing as much as I can, and Sarah has been a pretty good sport about it. What more could a guy ask for right? Cousin Rob and I have been getting out pretty regularly and have both caught some really nice searun cutthroat in Puget Sound. And when we can't fish, we have a pretty good time sitting around with Maisy, watching fishing videos, and tying flies.
Denali (Poop Boy) and Lola (Freak) are doing pretty good. Unfortunetly Denali is starting to get bad hips and some minor cataracts but he's pretty tough. We gotta tell you, he is fired up about the weather around here. He loves the cold. He wants to stay out there all day and it has been right around freezing. Lola, not so much. She pretends to be excited, runs outside, then runs right back in when she realizes how cold it is. It's pretty funny.
Okay, now to the good stuff....my part!! Yeah right. I'm usually the boring one in this equation.To touch on the above a bit (thank you for writing Chris), Denali (Boo Bear) and Lola (Skinny Princess) are doing well. Lola has lost some weight recently which is a good thing considering I received some Tootsie Roll comparisons! She is back down to where she should be and I think Denali is happy to have all the food in his bowl there when he wants to eat it. The weather is cold, were lucky to get above freezing and Boo Bear is in Husky heaven. Lola is not so much a fan but hanging in there with her new sweater from "Grandma Katherine".
I have certainly tried my best to be a good sport about fishing! That takes up a good amount of energy at times. I'm sure that at times my best could be better, but there are just times where the only fish I want to hear or think about would be on my dinner plate! Haha. The guys have a good time and between Chris' school and Rob being so busy with Maisy, I'm glad they get to enjoy something together that makes them both so happy. I just need to get better at going up to hang out with Heather and Maisy Doodle when the guys are gone, us girls gotta stick together!
Work has been crazy busy. It always is getting ready for the holiday buying season. I need to make sure Amazon doesn't run out of things for people to purchase! I did a bit of traveling in September and October to meet with some of our big media sellers. You know your gone too much when nice hotel rooms and King sized beds are no longer fun. I actually started to miss half hanging off the bed because Lola is sprawled out like she owns the thing.
We will be here in Seattle with some of my family for Christmas. My immediate family (hi Mom, Tom Allison and James, I love you!!) will be staying in California this year, hopefully we'll see them soon. It will be nice to finally spend the holiday with Chris for the first time. We're very excited to see my Aunt Jane, Uncle David, Eva and Aaron. They moved to Kwajalein a few months ago and our weekend trips to Whidbey are sorely missed. Christmas will be low key with only them and Grandma, but nice and relaxing too. Here's our Christmas company....
Utah will be waiting for us the day after Christmas. I'll be joining the Bullock's on their traditional snowboarding trip. The only thing missing is my ability to snowboard! Chris and our friend Eric took me to the mountain last week to try to teach me the basics. I think it went okay. Not too many falls! I think Park City is aiming a bit high, but here I come no matter what, right? Wish me luck and no broken bones!
We'll keep on top of posting and look forward to keeping in touch with you!

.jpg)
1.jpg)




Awesome post! Gad you guys are doing this...
ReplyDelete